Monday, September 5, 2011

2011-2012 College Basketball

The wait is almost over. The next season of college hoops is just around the corner, and I can't wait. Last season was the first time I truly got hooked on college basketball and I fell for it deeply. The passion, intensity and heart shown in every game far surpasses the intensity level of the NBA (bar the playoffs). I have seen that many people called last season "lackluster" in many dimensions, but I was obsessed, watching every game (a mission here in New Zealand involving many late nights/early mornings) and shutting myself off from society during the NCAA tournament. If last season was lackluster I'm looking forward to seeing a "good" one, and 2011-12 holds some promise. Here's what I'm looking forward to in this coming season.

UNC Tarheels: 
I think the Tarheels have the potential to go all the way this year. With one of the more formidable front-courts in the nation; Tyler Zeller and John Henson, (both NBA lottery pics in the near future) along with the ever-improving Kendall Marshall leading the way from the point guard position and the potential superstar Harrison Barnes. We saw a glimpse of what Harrison Barnes is capable of towards the end of last season and with his loyal decision to stay at school I feel he is going to show us an even more polished offensive game than last year. There is a huge expectation for this Tarheel squad, and as one of my favourite teams I hope they can fulfill their potential.

Kentucky Wildcats:
John Calipari's star studded list of freshman continues with three of Kentucky’s four signings (Mike Gilchrist, Anthony Davis and Marquis Teague) are ranked among the top 10 players in the Class of 2011 by Rivals.com. And the fourth signee, Kyle Wiltjer, is ranked No. 25. In particular I' m looking forward to seeing Michael Gilchrist take the court, he has been a household basketball name since the age of 15 and it will be interesting to see how his game transfers to the college level.

Austin Rivers:
Super athletic + crazy handles + court vision... This kid can BALL. Son of current Boston Celtics coach and former Atlanta Hawks point guard Doc Rivers, Austin is playing under legendary coach Mike Krzyzewski for the Blue Devils, I'm not a fan of Duke but I'll be watching them closely this season to see how Austin Rivers goes.. If he can improve his jumpshot substantially I have no doubt he will immediately be a force in the competition.

Jared Sullinger:
Sully could have been a top 5 draft pick, but instead opted to return to school for at least one more season with the Ohio State Buckeyes. My respect for this kid sky-rocketed when I heard he did not declare for the draft, in the current era of the "one-and-done" players, the fact he is staying at school is great for college basketball. Definitely a player to watch.

Jeremy Lamb:
Quintessential member of the National Champion Huskies last season as a freshman. He became one of my favourite players as he continued to improve throughout the season. Look for him to become a main component of the team's offense this year with the departure of the enigmatic Kemba Walker.

The Maui Invitational tournament kicks off on November 21st and this year a collection of power-house teams are participating, including: UCLA, Kansas, Duke, Michigan, Memphis, Tennessee and Georgetown. With the NBA lockout in effect, this will no doubt be the basketball to look forward to in the upcoming few months.

1 comment:

  1. Most prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas, cancers that arise in glandular cells of the prostate’s epithelial tissue. Prostate cancers usually progress slowly and produce no symptoms in the initial stages. Eventually, the tumor may enlarge like mine use too, the prostate gland, pressing on the urethra and causing painful or frequent urination and blood in the urine. So I was so uncomfortable with this prostate cancer diseases then I decided to do online search on how to cure cancer because I well have read a lot about herbal medicine,I came across a lot of testimony how Dr Itua cure HIV/herpes then Cancer was listed below the comment.with courage I contacted Dr Itua and he sent me his herbal medicine through Courier service then I was asked to pick it up at my post office which i quickly did. I contacted Dr Itua that i have received my herbal medicine so he instructs me on how to drink it for three weeks and that is how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine cure my prostate Cancer, The treatment takes three weeks and I was cured completely. Dr Itua is a god sent and I thank him every day of my life. Contact him now On:Email:drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituahebalcenter.com. Whatsapp:+2348149277967.
    He listed to that he can as well cure the following diseases below.... Cerebral Amides. Lung Cancer, Alzheimer's disease,Autism,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria Adrenocortical carcinoma. Alma, Uterine Cancer, Breast Cancer, Allergic diseases. Kidney cancer, Love Spell, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Colo rectal cancer, Lottery Spell, Bladder Cancer, Skin Cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic Cancer, HIV /Aids, Herpes, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Inflammatory bowel disease, Copd, Diabetes, Hepatitis

    ReplyDelete